Engineer station Hanoi, Vietnam.
· Develop the necessary technical competencies and equipment capabilities to meet operational performance targets within the approved equipment budget
· Establish plans and strategies to meet and surpass manufacturing performance indices (eg OEE Overall Equipment Effectiveness, MTBF Mean time between failures, Yield, etc), set targets/goals and projects for the section to reduce defects, minimize scrap, asset cost per unit
· Provide guidance and training to the maintenance team in order to enhance the effectiveness of trouble shooting and knowledge sharing.
· Ensure smooth startup of new equipment together with manufacturing engineers and equipment vendors
· Establish all equipment specifications, troubleshooting and PM procedures, and ensure their compliance with corporate & regulatory requirements and procedures.
· Liaise with equipment vendors and spare parts suppliers continuously to develop new methods to achieve low cost maintenance system and cost excellence
· Manage equipment servicing contracts with suppliers.
· Lead and drive the team to participate in all continuous improvement projects related to cost, quality, utilization & productivity using Six-Sigma or similar applicable methodology such as Cpk, FMEA, TPM, Lean, etc.
· Minimize equipment downtime with Best-In-Class indices for OEE, MTBF, Yield, etc.
· Execute effective PM & production line support.
· Develop a competent technical support team & minimize reliance on equipment suppliers technical support.
Skills & Qualifications:
· Degree in Mechanical / Mechatronics Engineering.
· 3 - 5 years working experience in the field of Automation and Equipment Engineering
· Proficiency in automated equipment troubleshooting techniques and preventive maintenance methodology
· Good knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical systems
· Experience with AI robots, PLC (Siemens, Omron & Keylence), Labview software will be an advantage.
· Ability to read and understand mechanical blueprints and electronic schematics
· Strong problem-solving & analytical skills with good knowledge in Cpk & statistics.
· Demonstrated ability to work proactively and to identify issues and propose solutions.
· Demonstrated ability to design and implement effective systems, processes and information/reporting mechanisms.
· Some experience in tool design and CAD drawing.