1. Develop and implement engineering and technical capability improvement by deploying advanced manufacturing technology solutions (such as robotic and laser assisted processes, advanced vision system and automated optical inspection, computer/information integrated manufacturing, low cost automation, etc.).
2. Ensure capital investment in process capability improvement achieve maximum returns. Advise the G.M and other senior managers on new processes, technology trend, materials, tools, interconnectivity and methods to improve current yield to meet technical specification from customers with the goals of achieving maximum operational, financial, and quality performance.
3. Work with New Product Introduction (NPI) and Program Management (PM) teams on new product engineering and technology requirements in various segments, work on Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA) based on the improved capability of the SMT and Assembly manufacturing process to achieve excellence CPK for product quality, cost and fulfillment.
4. Conduct yearly budget planning exercise, perform resources management, perform cost and expense control, manage engineering/technical headcount, develop new engineers and manage process improvement projects. Provide engineering support to manufacturing operations, assure that manufacturing plant is operational and optimized all the time, and ensure financial and human capital performance is consistent with agreed plans and forecasts. Work closely with Industrial Engineering team for time-motion study on the manufacturing processes.
5. Manage monthly, quarterly and annual plant operational, quality and engineering performance review. Adopt appropriate engineering disciplines/methodologies in diagnosing process and product quality issues, such as Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA), Design of Experiment (DOE) and Statistical Process Control (SPC), take appropriate corrective actions on current and potential variances from plan. Systematically conduct process characterization study on each of the manufacturing processes and install appropriate process controls on the manufacturing processes.
6. Identify and implement automation programs with Development, Design, Tooling/ fixture, Advanced Manufacturing Technologies, Automation. Support Purchasing teams to ensure overall cost efficiency and reduce the dependency on manpower. Develop and deploy appropriate method in the acquisition, utilization and optimization of equipment/machine/automated process/robotic work cell/test station used in the flex SMT and assembly manufacturing process.
7. Provide engineering leadership role model to a large team of manufacturing engineers and technicians. Develop engineering bench-strength and build a team of manufacturing technical experts through appropriate technical career ladder. Drive innovation in improving SMT and Assembly processes. Involve in the implementation of Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma and Total Productive Maintenance techniques to capitalize of cost, quality and efficiency improvements. Install error free/idiot proof methodology for manual operations.
Ensure quality of products manufactured meet product specification.
Bachelors Degree or above in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline, with Manufacturing Specialization considered an advantage